Saturday, January 15, 2011

Best Outfit of the Week - January 13, 2011

Feeling a little drab, but wanting to wear my new boots, I put together this black skirt/black top outfit.

The top needed a little "oomph" so I started to pull a tired old green silk blouse that I had used many times in the past to extend the narrowness of the black v-neck.  I just love the black/lime green combo!  I wasn't really feeling the old green top...it felt outdated for me, even though it does a really good job of putting focus on my face.  So, I pulled this brighter lime green summer top to pair with the black velvety top and VOILA...the outfit was getting better.  I still needed a little more color so I added this long scarf which picked up the green in the blouse.  Even though it was an outdoor scarf, I wore it inside at work all day.  Other women were doing the same, and I felt very chic.



See below how the collared blouse is more yellow in undertones.  (I bought it when I was a blonde.)  Although the contrast with the black top is fantastic, I like the brighter lime green with the reddish tones of my hair now.


Here's a close-up to get a better feel of how this brightened my day.  Rule of thumb:  you can wear all black, but don't overdo it near your face.  Add some color somewhere!  If black looks good near your face, then add a punch of color with bright shoes OR a bright purse.  One punch of color is usually good.  It's more chic.  I added two 'cause I wanted to add that winter feel to my outfit.



How was my day changed or different by paying attention to my wardrobe?  I had a great day - did things out of the ordinary like getting my nails and hair done - just to prepare better for a business meeting and it gave me a great confidence boost!

No comments:

Post a Comment